#270 ~ The Filipino Market, Dos

On the heels of my previous post, I went to the other Filipino market, the one on Khalediah, with Marj and her husband for a Filipino-food trip.

If you're wondering what Filipino food is like, here's a tip. You know all that stuff we call Chinese food here in Jeddah? THAT is Filipino food. 

Here's Filipino fast food: JOLLIBEE!! 


--
We went to a restaurant behind the Khalediah market. It's called Wajbah and it's all Pinoy. Funny enough, I only saw ONE Filipino waiter here! The others were non-Filipino.

This dish is called Sinigang na Baka, I think, and I really don't know what it is in English. (Marj, help?)


--
And this one is so yummy but I don't know what it's called either. It's mini spring rolls minus vegetables, served with chili and sweet chili sauce.


I had trololoads of fun. We three trolled each other. Just like the good old university days. <3

Comments

  1. Yes, I have been to Wajbah a few times, It use to be much better, now it is filthy I even saw some cockroaches on the floor..disgusting..

    On another note, I did not that Jollibee was a Filipino restaurant..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh :-S

    That's unfortunate!

    And yeah, Jollibee is a Filipino franchise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.

Skinny-Mini Me.

So, Oppression?