It's That Share-y Care-y Thing
You know the one.
So before I go and recap this awesome day with some Doctor Who, here's stuff I found on the intertubules. (Click links!)
Calvin & Hobbes
Do you understand how insane this is? YOU GUYS?! I never even thought this is how I'd imagined they would.. grow up to become. Until I saw this.
When I was a kid, my Calvin & Hobbes comic book collection consisted of 2nd-hand, ripped and torn-apart books from those garage sales at the American School and Saudia City compound that my friends would get for me for SR10 apiece. Then Tihama Bookstores started selling them, and I had to beg my dad to take me there. He didn't much approve of comic books, especially for the unica hija (DISGRACE!), so I always ended up with some classic book like Heidi or Wuthering Heights. My brothers somehow acquired them elsewhere, and I shared a huge Calvin & Hobbes library with them. I don't even know where they are now, those books.
El mohimm, I want to buy this magnificent piece of art.
Here's the kind of Christmas story that warms my heart.
I'm not a big fan of Ryan Gosling, especially after that whole The Notebook mess (seriously, what the hell), but Jim Carrey? Let's just say I love Jim Carrey as much as I hate Nicholas Sparks. A lot.
I'm not a big fan of Ryan Gosling, especially after that whole The Notebook mess (seriously, what the hell), but Jim Carrey? Let's just say I love Jim Carrey as much as I hate Nicholas Sparks. A lot.
And while we're still on the topic of Christmas, here's what a fantastic tree should look like.
I still haven't gotten around to playing Portal 1, and if I'm honest, I probably won't for a long, long time.
Sci-Fi
I've just finished reading my very first Neal Stephenson, and I was certainly not disappoint! The Diamond Age is such an insane dystopic, and all the themes that I would love to share a drink with were covered: social change, a little nanotechnology, a little cyberpunk, a little fantasy, a little Confucian, all that stuff. Anyway, they were all still swimming in my head when I encountered this.
Some piece of metal that just fell from the sky in Namibia. No reason. Just fell. No one knows what it is, or from whence it came; it hasn't been identified, it's just some piece of metal.
I was like "ZOMG".
And finally,
A Contingency Plan for bloggers (who feel) at risk of being shut down by their governments. I'm not very concerned, because I'm not one of those bloggers. I am only really at risk of being foreveralone, but we all know what the contingency plan is for that. (The answer is cake.)
And now, I must away. The Doctor is in.



Comments
Post a Comment