#171 ~ For Old Times
Oh, hey, look at us. We've all known each other for a hundred years now. Or maybe 20. Same difference.
Every now and again, I meet up with friends from grade school/high school. It's a good exercise on keeping myself grounded, to remind myself where I come from, to take a look at where I am at the moment, and to figure out where I'm headed.
Our past will always be a part of who we are. How much have we changed? And are the changes for the better?
--
Marj and her beautiful baby girl Zofia.
--
(Left) Maharani, back in town for a bit.
(Right) Muneer, whose wedding in a few months I have invited myself to.
--
And Salma, from whom emanates a pinch of California, even though she might not know it.
We might not know how our childhood friends see us or what they think of us after we've grown up and into our present states. But don't we always have a fondness for them?
Memories are very kind. And thank god for that.




I understand you have been living in Jeddah for quite sometime...My question is do you speak fluent Arabic...?
ReplyDeleteInquirin minds wants to know...:)
Inquiring*
ReplyDeleteAnd who might these inquiring minds be?
ReplyDeleteI've lived here my whole life. Does singing the Ittihad song count?
"Yaklak", well I guess you do speak fluent Arabic with a Jedawi accent at that.:)
ReplyDeleteJust one more things, I noticed that you tend to eat out a lot, do you actually know how to cook? :), and just too lazy to do it?
I have my reason for eating out, well I can barely make breakfast, and by breakfast I mean boiling an egg, and toasting some bread.
Oh yes, that was me, the inquiring mind...:)
ReplyDeleteHaha! Well, I can't even make breakfast, so you win. But that's not why we always eat out. It's coz there's nothing else to do here!
ReplyDeleteSpeaking of eating out, I recently re-developed a taste for sushi; I had it a few times in the States a while back, now the urge for sushi has been rekindled. The thing is, I only eat sushi with cooked stuff in it (which kind of defeat the whole idea of sushi), such as eel and shrimp, but I think I am doing it all wrong; I kind just swallow without savoring the taste. I think I Just love the taste of that green hot mustard with the soy sauce so much.
ReplyDeleteAnd no, I still have not mastered the art of using chopsticks, so I always opt of a fork, I don’t think its mandatory to use chopsticks…Is it…?:)
So what are the names of the best sushi restaurants in town? And what is the safest and most delicious thing to order (not raw); again inquiring minds wants to know. :)