#155 ~ My Father's Art

Art is something we take for granted in our house, my siblings and I. Mostly because we grew up surrounded by any and all form of art. We're a huge family of 10 siblings, and it's just my luck that I'm the only one who didn't get the artsy fartsy gene. All my brothers and my sister paint and sketch. I've always been an outsider of their stupid little exclusive club of painters. 

But forget them. This is about my dad, who has found the time now, after many years, to break out the watercolor and work on some stuff in preparation for an exhibit next month. He works with acrylic and oil, but I love all his watercolor stuff, those are my favorite ones. They are less precise, and I like that. It shows the hippie side of him, and it symbolizes what it was like growing up with an artist for a father: no real rules, very open, very independent, very haywire. It's probably why I've become the insane person I am today. (Thanks, dad. :| )

It's his birthday next week. Maybe this year I can convince him to give a Macbook a chance.




Comments

  1. Happy Early Birthday to you dad!!! :) Hug him for me ..
    and Good luck with the mac!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks beautiful before he's even started with the colour! Where is he exhibiting? I need to check it out!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will, Suzann!! <3 YA RABB I HOPE I GET A MACBOOK ON HIS BIRTHDAY hahaha

    FF, thank you! His exhibit is gonna be in Manila, though! He'll have one here too, but that hasn't been confirmed yet. I'll let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.

Skinny-Mini Me.

So, Oppression?