What Makes Artists.

While reading one of my favorite writers talk about their work and the support they get from their loved ones in such an eloquent, beautiful written voice, I realized something.

What some of the greatest, some of my most favorite, artists have in common is this support they get. Their work is beautiful, and they resound and stay with me long after I have experienced them. They inspire more beauty in art, in words, in others, and they quickly and effectively "pay it forward". What makes them so successful?

It is that Support. It is their muse, their inspiration, all the encouragement they need.

Inspired work could be one of the best things that any artist can produce.

Who supports you?

Comments

  1. My mum is not creative in the traditional sense, but then she's very creative in the kitchen. And she's probably my biggest supporter! The most amazing thing now is that my kids support me in a lot of what I do! I can't tell you what that feels like! So absolutely true that we need support. I hope I can be that support for my kids that choose to go down the creative path.

    Who supports you? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. who supports me?
    You and the Philippino nation, God save the Queen.

    ok, ok, seriously? the people and the motherland...

    ok, couldnt help it. really seriously now, my wonderful friends who put up with me when i'm around and thank God i'm almost never around but still love me when i show up. And Isso, and my cat, the wonderful Ophelia Bubbles Mohurji.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FF: Your kids are adorable! I see Y supports you at work, too! ;) Haha mashAllah. Me? I'm still shopping for supporters.

    HAHAHA Souma, of course the motherland supports you. We have no choice. <3 I love the people who support you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Giya bi i mapetharo aken: I support you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.

Skinny-Mini Me.

So, Oppression?