Oh, My Little Pretty One.



Here is the visual representation of my relationship with my older sister J, me being the one on the right, and her on the left. (Yes, I am considerably taller than her.)

Here are this week's recommendations:

* Law Abiding Citizen. That 2009 movie starring Gerard Butler and Jamie Foxx. I don't want to give anything away, but let's just say that even though I give it a 7 out of 10, I liked that my sister and I got to re-discuss some of our favorite moral-dilemma topics such as capital punishment. Other topics we debated (yes, while the film was playing in the background): Gerard Butler's hotness (or notness!), the importance of psy-wars, and how filling and much healthier watermelon is compared to siopao (a Chinese/Filipino delicacy). Don't ask.

* Dancing to "My Sharona" and then totally air-guitaring at the part where they go "my-yai-yai-yai-yaii-yeah-whoaaaa!! M-m-m-myyy Sharona". You know you LOVE IT. Doug, RIP.

* Billboard ad of "FINE" tissues on Madinah Road in front of Mosa3dia Plaza. It's a photo of a hand extended, palm up, with the caption in Arabic "A3tini Fine". Translated, that's "Gimme Fine", which I think is a brilliant play on "Gimme Five".

Or did I just over-analyze the shit out of that ad?

* Having professional photographer friends, coz it means I have a supply of awesome profile pictures. My new one is of my eye, taken by Helmy Al-Sagaff. (And I totally still expect my other photographer friends to take more pictures of me. Especially the ones reading this. Haha.)

* Projects with friends. Because they're just so much funner when you work on them with very good friends. Here's one I've been working on with my good friend Sally:

Our latest podcast episode, about being (or NOT being) a hooker. Listen to find out more!




To listen to other episodes, subscribe to http://diana-speaks.blogspot.com! New episode every week. Enjoy!


Comments

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.

Skinny-Mini Me.

So, Oppression?