Breast Awareness.

Hi, this is me reporting live from my High Horse.
I woke up today to at least 3 messages on my Blackberry Messenger about writing the color of my bra as my status to confuse the men on my friends list. "Let's watch and see how confused they get when they notice that all women have colors as their status," said the message playfully.
Haha, funny, but I'll pass.
Later on, I received more messages on my Facebook with a similar suggestion. At least 200 of the people on my list had changed their status within the day. It wasn't until much later that I received one more message like it, this time, with a "P.S. This is for Breast Cancer Awareness."
A great cause. This is serious. Everyone should know more about breast cancer, its symptoms, its prevention. I admire people's dedication to spread this awareness, their loyalty to the cause.
But bra colors?
Is it Breast Cancer Awareness, or just plain BREAST AWARENESS?
How many men are now smiling and/or jerking off to an image of you in your pink/blue/brown/eccru/flesh tone/white bra? Are they thinking of Breast Cancer? Did it move them to try and find out about it?
How many women are now putting extra effort in sending the message to every woman they know, being tickled pink at the attention they are getting, all of them not any more informed (or uninformed) about breast cancer than they were before this? Why did no one think of adding at least one paragraph on breast cancer in the message that was spread all over the world? Fuck one paragraph, actually, ONE SENTENCE. Isn't that what this was about? Spread the word creatively, make it into something fun and funny?
Effective viral marketing, yes. Effective viral marketing for the cause of breasts, yes. Effective viral marketing for the cause of the color of bras cupping sexy breasts, HELL YES.
If you know anyone who learned more than they already did about breast cancer through this, please tell me about it.
It's true, they annoyed me enough to blog about it, but then again, they didn't annoy me enough to go and learn more about breast cancer than I already do.
So yes, here is my contribution to this fun and exciting little game to spread awareness, which will, in the process, satisfy my desire for attention:
I'm not wearing a bra right now, and I am a Cup D. Yep, they jiggle with the tiniest movement. When it's cold, I get a bad case of Titty-Hard-Ons. There are many different types of breast cancer, with different stages (spread), aggressiveness, and genetic makeup; survival varies greatly depending on those factors.
Also, now that I'm losing weight, they're getting smaller. I need to go underwear shopping. Boob men, a word of advice: go for the fat girls.
Oh, sorry, was I offensive?
Ei, melagid ta. Ba ako ron den miyagowad! Antonaa i khitabang a kipezoraten ka ko color o bra ngka sa Breast Cancer awareness. Madakel ako ron mambo i miya-receive sa inbox aken oto sa FB na mataan ka phagolopan ako ron baden! Hay.
ReplyDeleteOsto dn! Sakn pn i mimbaloy a killjoy, tig iran. Tanto akn kon a sineryoso.
ReplyDeleteBa di seryoso giya-i a breast cancer? Ok lang kung adn a mini-ogop iyan.
In fairness din, a friend tells me that there was a spike in the amount of Google searches for breast cancer on January 8, when the meme was at its peak.
??!
ReplyDelete<3
ReplyDelete