Blog-hopping.


I subscribe to a few funny bloggers. One of my favorites, Dooce, featured the topic of bumper stickers on her blog's forum. What's the funniest bumper sticker you've read? Here are some that made me hose myself:

(from her blog)

"If you get any closer, you will need to wear a condom."

"Jesus Loves You. Everyone else thinks you're an asshole."

and

"Dear God, please protect me from your followers."

Us over here in Jeddah, we don't really get to see bumper stickers. The closest we ever get are those unfortunate but no less hilarious stickers you would find on guys' cars of their names (usually "Medo" or "3abood" or something), or of some cheesy line they got off god-knows-where ("Forever by you", said one, in huge print across the back of a brand new Lexus).

Sometimes though, you would come across accidental profundity. Like this one.




***

I also read Mo Twister's blog.


Funny guy. Cocky, a bit of an asshole, but hilarious (aren't all assholes?). His blog is new; I don't know why it took him this long to set one up. He's a bit of a celebrity in Manila: he's a DJ at one of the funniest radio shows I used to listen to when I was in uni.

Also, he takes great photos, and we here at Diana Blogger have a soft spot for photographers. Especially when they're assholes.

Also, we like to refer to ourselves in the third person.


***

In other news, Mom's going for Hajj this year. My sister is gonna be in town from Riyadh for the Hajj holidays, so we're gonna be pretty busy. For a second, I was worried about what we would do for food the whole time Mom's away (NO, I DON'T COOK, OKAY), and then I remembered that my sister is such a wonderful cook and I haven't seen her in 5 years, so I have earned the right to make unreasonable requests and have her cook impossibly delicious dishes.

So the 9 kgs I lost the past couple months? Come to mama.


Comments

  1. Oh that Jesus one is hilarious! Y'know occasionally you get some funny bumper stickers here too! I saw one just the other day that said "I may be slow I'm in front of you!" :D

    I hope your mum's hajj goes smoothly and is accepted. Have a lovely Eid with your sis!

    I
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oopsie! I meant "I may be slow BUT I'm in front of you!" Yeah I know I should check before I click!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! Thanks! Happy Eid to you and your family! xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.

Skinny-Mini Me.

So, Oppression?