April Baby.

It's one thing if people laugh at you and the jokes you make.
It's another if they make fun of you.
What does "all in good fun" really mean? I'm sure it means "something that is not hurtful, humiliating or insulting in any way."
Disqualified from this category is the boyfriend who, for April Fool's Day, knowing that his girlfriend wants a marriage proposal from him, does everything for her that she loves, and then gives her a "mysterious box" that opened to reveal not an engagement ring, but a note that says "April Fools!"
Oh, haha. That's funny.
Or the guy who pretends he passed out to April-Fool his friend, who thought he had a heart attack, panicked, had the fright of her life, and then was told, "Haha, fooled ya." (True story)
That is just abuse of another person's hopes and fears.
And ok, that's funny, haha. Until it happens to you.
I can take a joke. But I know when my feelings are just being taken for granted. I have no time for people who would do that to me.
***
In other news, I got a marriage proposal 2 days ago.
A word of advice to Maranao parents (of children living abroad away from them):
Do make sure your child is not already married before you arrange one for them.
These are the parents of a good friend of mine who recently got married without telling them. They've always like me and apparently thought that their son and I spent a lot of time together in university because we were an "item". They thought that now was the right time to ask my parents if I would be their son's wife.
"I'm sure his new wife won't appreciate it, but thank you," I say, because I'm just witty like that.
Needless to say, my friend Y has been trying to calm his parents down for the past 2 days. Good luck, man!
OMG!! That actually happened?! Shit!! LOOOL .. some way for his parents to find out! He should have told them. Leave them a message on the phone or email them or event text them or SOMETHING .. haram! haha
ReplyDeleteosto den. mapiya so kazandag ogaid na petago-on sa lugar.
ReplyDeleteai, mataan mambo a friend ka oto. good luck nga sa kanya.:)
miyathay-thay ako a absent nah! tig aken oba ako miya-drop den. phambliin! :)
missyah, druggie! *hugs!*