A Moment.

He passed away two days ago, but she only told me last night. I wonder how she mourns the death of her brother. The last time they saw each other was probably more than a decade ago. I'm almost afraid to ask her how he died, because it might sound too uncaring coming from me. Like, I SHOULD know how he died, why should I even have to ask. In fact, how come I didn't know about his passing? Where was I?
We never knew much about him. I saw him maybe 4 times in my (his) lifetime, when I was much younger, when they would visit us here. I lived in the Philippines 5 years and never once saw him or his children.
Siblings invariably grow apart as they get older. I know they were very close as children, but things change.
I wouldn't know what to do if anything happened to any of my brothers or my sister. And yet, I don't really stay in touch. Much.
Comments
Post a Comment