Fumadores.

When I found out I was going meet some new people earlier tonight at a little get-together, my newly anti-social self actually cringed. Until very recently, I've always loved meeting new people, starting conversations, having a good laugh. Now, I'm just always afraid that I'm going to be extremely bored. Nothing interests me anymore.
Call it arrogance. But when I'm bored, I smoke more. And when I smoke more, I sleep with a heavy chest, and I wake up with a nasty smoker's cough, very bad chest pains and my hair smelling of smoke. It reminds me too much of college. Except I no longer have the club-entrance stamps on my wrists.
But I had fun today. I met some really nice, interesting people, friends of friends, cousins of friends. I like it when people are up for anything, for good fun. It makes my job of entertaining them much, much easier.
As a result, I learned to say a few sentences in (Argentinian) Spanish, all except one of which I've forgotten. Interestingly enough, C asked me to teach him the same sentence in my language. When I started teaching him Tagalog, he paused, shook his head, and went, "No, no, in Arabic."
I would continue blogging, except my chest hurts.
Good luck and good night.
Comments
Post a Comment