Cam Whore.
Normally, I don't give a shit what Maranaos say about me. They can call me all kinds of names, spread all kinds of gossip about me, I don't give a flying fuck. Seriously. Because most of the time, they can't prove it.
Besides, I always say to myself, why should I have to apologize about who I am to people who don't really make an effort to actually get to know me?
When I posted a picture of myself showing a leeetle bit of skin (more like, cleavage), I did think it was a bad idea, for many reasons, one of them being that it's a little too accessible to these people. But because I am Miss I-Don't-Care-What-You-Say, I just posted it anyway. It's a nice picture, I thought my photographer did an excellent job, and I thought people should see it.
I didn't think it would give the Maranao Paparazzi the proof they've all been waiting for.
I can just see them huddled around someone's computer, calling out to anyone passing by to check out the girl, who is covered most of the time when she's out, whose parents are ultra-religious, who now, here on Facebook, flaunts her boobs. I wouldn't put it past them to print out my picture, especially the ones who are dying to pin self-righteousness on my poor parents for preaching what their daughter can't practice.
I wouldn't put it past them, because they HAVE DONE IT BEFORE.
As much as I enjoy the internet and being online, sharing things with my friends, I hate that these people have access to my information. They always seem to find me anyway.
It sucks that whatever I do, however much I say that I am very independent, and that nothing gets at me through my little shield of not-giving-a-fuck, that I will still do things to protect my family, and their stupid little image.
I'm not saying I want to show off the fact that woo-hoo, look, I have boobs.
I'm saying it's a part of who I am, and that this is me, this is my lifestyle, and you have no right to judge me or the way I live my life as much as I don't have a right to judge yours. But stay the fuck out.
As much as I rant here with my tough talk, you know what?
You win this time.
So can you post the pictures here, so we can see them.....just a thought....
ReplyDeletecontrol your privacy settings, Di. I block all of my unlikable relatives. Now THAT's in-your-face-kinda-attitude.
ReplyDeleteAnonymous. Wouldn't you like that.
ReplyDeleteHning. Privacy settings are controlled. I should just delete relatives. If they need to contact me, well, they shouldn't. I'm not available.
I know the feeling. Yeah, I'm half-Maranao and it really kinda makes me puke the way fellow tribesmen/relatives criticize the way a relative behaves/dresses/believes/ talks/walks/etc. etc. etc....and then they approach the same person when they need help with something. And a lot of them don't know the meaning of privacy and they poke their fingers into other people's pies....
ReplyDeleteIt's enough to have most of them out of my phonebook and social networking accounts. I don't even make an appearance when they visit unless I have to.