Words to the Wise.

There are little wisdoms in the things our friends say to us.

***
"We make the most of it, you know? We try not to be negative."

- H., recently, hanging out with other friends. We were both practically nodding off, exhausted, and I wondered aloud why we weren't in our respective homes, sleeping, instead of pushing ourselves for yet another night of almost mindless chatter and merry-making. 

***
"I recently realized that it's true, we should be, no we MUST be, honest with our friends and the people we care about, and tell them how we feel about them if we haven't already, before it's too late and we have lost them. I've lost other friends, and I wish I had told them that they meant a lot to me. So yes, I'm not shitting you, you are one of the nicest people I've met in a long time."

- A., a friend I met about a year ago. I hated his guts the first time I met him. I thought he was sulky, negative, obnoxious, and arrogant. It turned out he is. But he is also smart, sincere, honest and true to himself. 

The games people play.

So I told Not Olaf that I really liked him and that I was glad he was a part of my life.

I told Y that I miss him, and that I was sorry for all the mean things I did, and the things I didn't do as a friend.

I called M and I told her that I wished I was more involved in her life now, with her family, with her career, even though we haven't been keeping in touch like we promised.

Let's just hope that all of this doesn't sound like I'm saying goodbye. And if I were, then let's just hope it's enough.

***
"If not now, when?"

- Alfred

Comments

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.

Skinny-Mini Me.

So, Oppression?