While I'm not an Apple person, I've always liked the minimalist look. I also like white. So yes, every time I pass by an iZone shop, I always go in and have myself a nice look at all that beautiful [overpriced] 'simplicity'. I've been tempted many, many times to get sucked in to that whole Mac business, but I seriously doubt it's for me. After all, I am neither hip nor much of a computer/graphics person. I'm happy with my little (almost) 4-year-old classic iPod prompting me to check out that sub-culture every now and then. For now. Unless someone really convinces me. Or takes me on a shopping spree. Whatever comes first. So today, I made my first iTunes purchase. I sat for about a couple hours shopping for music, looking for stuff that I'd really spend money on. I ended up buying a bunch of Alejandro Sanz music and some jazz, totally worth it, but it wasn't as fun an experience as I thought it would be. I don't think I'll do it again for anot...
So there's this guy on my Facebook friend list who's really annoying. Classic fuckface behaviour. He makes uneducated hypotheses, calls everyone stupid (except himself, it's hilarious if it weren't so annoying), and makes all these really fucking stupid generalizations and arguments. Very offensive guy. All of this on Facebook status updates. I know, I can just easily delete him, and move on and stop complaining about how offensive (and stupid) he is. It would save me from seeing all his comments and just shut him up. He can exist somewhere else beyond my hearing (or my feed). But then what about Freedom of Speech? Does he not have the right to voice his own opinions, just as I fiercely defend mine? Would I not be stepping on his rights or freedom by deleting him, shutting him up? Could I not give him his little FB space to stage his little rants and beliefs? I do not have to accept his views, but I must respect his right to have them and say them out loud. So what if t...
Since I opened that can of worms in my last post (the one with the skinny-fatty tirade), I might as well talk about the elephant in the room that is my Weight. As we all know (and by "we" I mean that gym instructor who told me I was in fact, 1kg obese), I need to lose this weight. It took me a lot of psychological trickery just to convince myself that I NEEDED to lose weight. I've always justified my drastic weight gain, made excuses, talked myself and everyone around me into accepting that I LIKED being fat, and that I didn't need anyone telling me I was obese. (I'm talking to you, gym instructor.) This isn't a success story. I'm just gonna share how I got started, in the hopes that I have a reader here who needs the same push to get on that weight-loss bandwagon and share / suffer this journey with me. Technique #1: KEEP YOUR EYE ON THE GOAL. "This will be me in a hundred years." Before I even started thinking about diet and exercise, I had to...
I'm sure by now we've all (or at least most of us have) read/heard about the 9-year-old daughter of an American mom and Libyan dad, the girl who chose to start wearing her hijab in the States at a very young age. [ For the full story, click here. ] The story is written from the point of view of the mom, about her personal struggle in accepting her daughter's choice, and the things she learned from it. I've been asked by so many people about my opinion on this, so I'm just gonna re-post here the email I wrote to one of my friends on the subject sometime ago. I read this article a few days ago, and it's very interesting in that it really tests a person's claims on being open-minded, and it also explores some of the core difficulties that bi-racial/bi-cultural couples or families face. In my opinion, the girl is young, she has become influenced by this side of her heritage, and she is exploring it. It's nothing definite or concrete. It's a good thi...
I hope you realize that those abs are photoshopped.
ReplyDeleteMaybe they are. Works for her.
ReplyDelete