Grab It By The Red Bulls


What a moment. 

Yes, I'm sure the internet's surface is covered in all kinds of #livejump flotsam, but WHAT A MOMENT. 

I did get sentimental, because I get super sentimental when I'm stupid and ignorant, just as I was stupid and ignorant while watching Science in Action. OH, THE THINGS ABOUT SCIENCE I DO NOT KNOW. 

I wanted to hold someone's hand, just to remind myself that my existence has value, because this is one of those moments that overwhelmingly remind me of how tiny, how minute I am. It's humbling. 

Yes, sure, I was a little bit meh against Red Bull for, in Khayra's words, taking something magical and making it this commercial, but you know what, if this is what commercial has become, WHY FUCKING NOT.

I think best of all, the fact that I watched the live jump with a group of people for whom this is just as - if not more - important is what made the moment all the more sentimental to me. Here's Omair's take, posted on his blog, from the point of view of a physicist.

I was watching this live. I'm at a cafe where my food was just paid for, where just earlier I was involved in nonsense chit-chat, and at the exact same moment, someone is pushing the boundaries of science, common sense, and marketing. 

Who ever planted the idea in my head that I was important was so wrong. (That would probably be me.)

So, yeah. Some tweets last night that made me chuckle.





Comments

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.

Skinny-Mini Me.

So, Oppression?