#131 ~ Arts & Funds
Athr Gallery and Toby by Hatem Alakeel had a silent auction today of pictures donated by photographers here in Jeddah. Proceeds go to the rebuilding of schools badly affected by the recent Jeddah floods.
I went to check out Helmy's photos (one of the featured photographers), because I'm a fangirl when it comes to my friends' photography. (Helmy is the guy responsible for my profile picture in this blog.)
Also, I bumped into people I know, because Jeddah is just so friggin' small. I don't know why I'm always shocked when I bump into people when IT ALWAYS HAPPENS. I especially love that it happens on the days I decide not to look my best (which is, really, every day).
Anyway, here. Photos in photos.
Photo in this photo by Helmy Al-Sagaff.
---
Munch for the noms. (For "ace". Ahem.)
---
Photo in this photo by Sina Ata
---
Photo in this photo by Sueraya Shaheen (I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.)
And here's a video by the awesome Anggi Makki.
I left the gallery wondering which of my friends I can bribe to bid for MY pictures when I have my own exhibit. In like, 30 years. I guess it will have to be Sharifa.




Comments
Post a Comment