The Right Answer.
Interesting thing happened to me today at the salon. So I go with friends to have things done at the salon we always go to, where most of the ladies are Filipinos. We've been going there for most of our nails and eyebrows for a while now, so the ladies know us, they know our stories, our backgrounds, etc. I'm always mistaken for a non-Filipino. Sometimes, Filipinos come up to me asking me where I'm from, because they kinda feel that I'm Filipino, but aren't so sure. Other times, they just assume I'm Saudi or Malay. That's when it's funny, because they start talking about me and I understand everything they say. ( I heart gossip. ) So this one customer, who was Filipina, starts gossiping about me and my friends. She was saying something about how "our kind" (Saudi girls) are too lazy to groom ourselves, how bratty we are, etc. The manicure lady shushes her quickly. "Shh, shh," she says. "This one's Filipina, no! She understan...


yeah, that lounge area actually makes waiting "enjoyable".
ReplyDeletehow many kilos have u lost so far?
I GAINED KILOS!! Hahaha! I lost 4.5 inches everywhere last month, though, and I'm hoping there's more, coz I'm due for my 2nd month measurements tomorrow. Wish me luck!
ReplyDeleteWhen are you back?
4.5 inches is 11 cms! mashallah that's amazing girl! really proud of you :D so how did the 2nd measurements go?
ReplyDeleteI'll be back mid-May inshallah :) please do let me know if u need anything from here (other than a Spanish macho)..seriously ok?