#75 ~ Stay-At-Home

This week, my brothers and I did more staying-at-home than we have in a long time. This past weekend, there were rumors of early curfews on account of the ill-fated Day of Rage, and then today, the Civil Defense warned of rain and sandstorms that will supposedly continue until tomorrow.

As a result, my paranoid parents (seriously, what parent isn't? If your parents aren't the worst-case-scenario-is-the-ONLY-scenario kind, I beg you, tell me of them) were very happy, and my mom's living room was the busiest it's been in a while. We had our 8-year-old cousin Hani spend a few nights, too, and now, he is a master at smack talk. 10 POINTS FOR HANI.

Also, a lot of stuffing-our-faces transpired. It's funny to me now, because I haven't gotten on the scale yet, so expect a lot of whining from me tomorrow when I do check my weight. (Advanced Fuck You, Sweet Tooth!)

Ayman brought home cupcakes. I don't know where he found this place, but he had "Amo" written on the side, which is "monkey" in Maranao, a popular nickname in our house.


The chocolate cupcakes were yummy. The rest, meh. We were discussing how cupcakes are not very cool, because of the unequal distribution of frosting. Othman suggested cupcakes that have equal parts cake, and equal parts frosting. Where to find such a thing?


Comments

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.

Skinny-Mini Me.

So, Oppression?