Mood Swings.

Sometimes, I have moods that occur simultaneously.



1) Sometimes, I feel loved.

This is S's cat Boobi. We're not very friendly. She stays out of my way, I stay out of hers. But every once in a while, she spends time with me and we share a nice moment without my having to call or coax her. It's moments like these that I know she loves me for who I am, a crazy lady who blogs about things like sharing moments with cats. It doesn't matter what everyone sees or thinks, that cat loves me.

Sometimes, people are like that. They don't have the ability to speak their minds, they don't know how to act, they don't know what to say, but they know how to enjoy nice moments.

2) Sometimes, I have moods like this quote:

Love is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part.

Moods when quotes like this one convince me and make up my mind for me, for the things I fight for. It doesn't matter that I am not given an opportunity to prove myself worthy of a second chance. It doesn't matter that decisions have already been made. I like to think there is hope, especially when quotes with untraceable sources can sway me.

3) Sometimes, I feel like a misspelling with good intentions. People take one look at me and make up their minds, make judgments about who I am and where I am from and my lack of intelligence because of mistakes I make while I am learning something that is completely new to me, and then they go and tell their friends about it and have a nice laugh.

But my intentions are good, and I will have learned something and become better at it.




4) Sometimes, I feel like a fresh start. A pretty notebook with pages empty, just waiting to be made useful.





A shoutout to my friend Suhail, with whom I have shared the many, many attributes of McDonalds' Filet-o-Fish burger.

5) Sometimes, I feel like one of those phrases that you read in a book, descriptions that you don't understand because you have never experienced it in real life. Like when books say "the cackling fire" or "having the wind knocked out of you".

And then you suddenly experience them in real life, and your mind is blown.

Fire DOES cackle.

And finding out that you have been completely shut out of someone's life DOES knock the wind out of you.

6) I have moods where I don't know whether I am sad or happy. But that is always a good thing. If anything, it's what brings me back to this blog.

Comments

  1. Mapiya aya ka malo ta seka pekhakilala piyapiya. Mala osto a pelagidan ta. Hehe:) Katawan ka a so bedong na sii bo phagobay sa mangapipiya i adat? Basta a cruel a tao na katawan iran, pekhabao iran kon. Miyabatiya aken ko miyaona. Hehe:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha osto dn. Sa kapasang ta i kan-drug na giyoto mambu i kapiya ta i adat. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, just thought I'd mention that the quote about love is from 'Captain Correlli's Mandalin' by Louis des Bernieres. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! And here I thought it was from Tumblr. :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.

Skinny-Mini Me.

So, Oppression?