Interesting thing happened to me today at the salon. So I go with friends to have things done at the salon we always go to, where most of the ladies are Filipinos. We've been going there for most of our nails and eyebrows for a while now, so the ladies know us, they know our stories, our backgrounds, etc. I'm always mistaken for a non-Filipino. Sometimes, Filipinos come up to me asking me where I'm from, because they kinda feel that I'm Filipino, but aren't so sure. Other times, they just assume I'm Saudi or Malay. That's when it's funny, because they start talking about me and I understand everything they say. ( I heart gossip. ) So this one customer, who was Filipina, starts gossiping about me and my friends. She was saying something about how "our kind" (Saudi girls) are too lazy to groom ourselves, how bratty we are, etc. The manicure lady shushes her quickly. "Shh, shh," she says. "This one's Filipina, no! She understan...
God I hate when that happens xD .. Especially when they are excited about whatever they are saying so you fake the shared excitement :$
ReplyDeleteBTW.. Nice blog :))
Haha! Yes, that too. XD
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by!
*chortle*
ReplyDeleteWhat's worse is when you ask them to repeat and they do but you still can't hear what they said, now that's embarrassing!
ReplyDeleteCLAIRE! XD
ReplyDeleteRand: Yeah, seriously, when that happens to me, I just go "Haha!... Yeah." And sometimes, I get unlucky and they say "I asked you a question." To which I just go O_O and will myself to die.