There is one reason I'm JUST NOT LOSING WEIGHT, no matter how hard and how often I work out. Well, I lie. There's more than one reason. But here's one: Best part? It's really shitty cappuccino. Totally not even worth it. Good-bye Crusty coffee. Speaking of coffee, you know how it's nearly impossible to take pictures in public here in Jeddah? And then you know how there are these men-only cafes with nice al fresco seating? So the other day, I was feeling ballsy so I told my brother to drive up to this one cafe near work, stop the car while I take out my camera and my zoom lens, look one of the patrons in the eye, and just shoot him. I instructed my brother to quickly QUICKLY drive away, just like in the movies, as soon as I get my shot. I'm such a daredevil, aren't I. Here's that shot. Yup. Not worth it either. The funny thing, if I had taken a good photo to show off here, was that this guy (the white blur in the middle) saw me shooting him with m...
A touch of drama, dahlings. Heartbreak . 1. Denial. It's not happening. 2. Anger. It's not fair. 3. Bargaining. What do you want me to do? I'll do it. 4. Depression. I give up. Nothing's working. 5. Acceptance. Some things just Are. 6. Starting over. 7. Moving On. Which one's your favorite?
Whoa-ho-ho-ho. Who here doesn't like to hear the latest gossip? Okay, yeah, stop lying, get outta here. EVERYONE loves gossip. We only realize how bad it is when WE are the subjects. Come on, they've made movies about this; tons and tons of money on the basic premise of gossip. But here's a fun experiment: for once, try not to be involved in it. Try to sit back, get a cup of coffee, and just watch Gossip work it's way around your circle. It's the most interesting thing. I realize that it's more difficult to try and avoid taking part in it, especially when you are surrounded by a bunch of women, but it is so worth all that restraint and hard work. Gossip distorts the face of all women. You get to see so many facial expressions in a very short time span. Guilt ("Oh my god, I started this one.). Horror ("Oh my god, that snitch!). Hurt ("She fucking SAID THAT ABOUT ME?"). Revenge ("I'll show her."). Indifference ("So what if sh...
Allow me a little sentimentality. I bought my Nikon d40x 2 years ago this month, June 2007. Almost a year before my purchase, I had been spending a lot of time in the company of 2 guys and 2 girls, all of whom liked to, as a pastime, drag me with them to early morning breakfasts at Casper & Gambini's in Jeddah while they spent hours boring me with endless talk of photography. They would brainstorm ideas for photoshoots, talk about photo editing and software, and discuss where they could drag me some more for some possible photography in the land of OH, HELL NO YOU'RE NOT TAKING PHOTOS HERE YOU INFIDELS. I had always felt a little bit left out, as photography was really the only thing I couldn't even stand-up-comedy about. As soon as we settled down with our cups of coffee, they would start blabbing about things I didn't know about. I kept myself entertained with thoughts of gaining back their attention when they drifted away into that elusive, exclusive, bullet-proo...
Haha! A lot of us get the stuff at garage sales and second-hand clothing stores!
ReplyDeleteWe don't have those here, sayang! If we did, you'd know where to find me! Haha!
ReplyDelete