Inking Out Loud

Inking Out Loud
by Chukwudi Barrah


I am not a serial plant killer. I am not a serial plant killer. I am not a serial plant killer.

This is clearly a real thing and not just me being overly paranoid that I can't take care of a plant, or plants rather. See, I've purchased six indoor potted plants, and the only two that are currently surviving are possibly because they fortunately came with care instructions on the pot. That I need a how-to for plants just makes me sad.

Growing up, I tended to a full garden of flowers—okay, my dad did all or most of the tending-to, but I also contributed with making sure there was no weed anywhere around them. Somehow, in the last three years or more, I have managed to kill (or neglect-to-death) four innocent plants, that I voluntarily and purposefully took home.

Until a few nights ago, I did not even realise I needed consoling.

Browsing one of my favourite after-hours Internet watering holes, I discovered a chart of indoor plants that I probably won't kill! Clearly, other people are involved in this plant-murdering business! I have two with-instructions plants now, that seem to have been doing alright in the last month, and I'm thinking of growing that number to perhaps six (this has nothing to do with the number of plants I have 'killed'). This new set would likely include flowers, or at least colourful plants.

If you don’t already have plants around your home and/or office, you should seriously consider getting at least one. According to NASA, there are so many dangerous chemicals in the air with significantly detrimental effects on humans that just having plants around can help neutralise. It isn’t much of an effort. You just have to know what plants to get and how to take care of them, if you don’t already.

Factors that influence your choice should include the location of the plant, humidity and amount of light, and how much time you have to take care of them, as well as if, like me, you have murdered any plants before. Those two green bad boys (or girls) up there in the pictures are my young'ins. I'm getting them their new siblings soon, so watch out! Hopefully, I would not have to update this post to announce their demise anytime soon.

My name's Chukwudi, many people just call me Chuck. I'm fine with that too. The title up there sounds fancy, so I think I'll be doing all my posts here with that (if the Editor doesn't mind or if she does, who cares?). I welcome your thoughts and comments in the section for that below. I also blog here.



~ END ~

Chukwudi is a serial plant killer. Find out more about him and his contributions to Another Sidebar HERE.


Comments

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.