Defying Logic [Fitness]

I am a smart person. I am. I promise you. I am inquisitive, self-aware, self-motivational, proactive, articulate, contemplative and focused.

Those are also all the reasons why I am so, so profoundly stupid. I inspire the best Jim Halpert break-the-4th-wall face in my brothers and my guy friends.

The Jim Face is the male equivalent of eye-rolling. 
I like to think they adore me because of it. I HAVE A CUTE DUMBASS QUIRK IN MY PERSONALITY, YOU GUYS!

At the sports shop, I asked my fitness and shoes-obsessed brother Othman to help me pick out good running shoes. 
Othman: "This pair is good. It's for your gym training, and it's light for your running days, has good support and cushion, and it's water-proof-ish for the rainy weather you're gonna be living in." 
Me: "Yeah, no, I don't like it. I want something pink." 
Othman: *Jim Face* 
Me: "Yeah, that pink one, it's pretty. I'm sure it's good. It's Nike. I'm a Nike girl." 
Othman: *Jim Face* 
Me: "Oh shut up."

So I'm now the owner of a nice little pair of Nike Free shoes. I've tested them twice, running and training, and they are pretty sweet. If I'm completely honest, though, I really can't be sure if the shoes are really good, or if I have a heightened good-feeling about myself for owning a pair of overpriced, pretty Nike shoes.

Consumerism = 100.
Nessreen = 0. 

Comments

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.