On ACs [First World Problems]

Now that we've desensitized ourselves from the ridiculousness of first world problems (and squeezed out whatever funny it had), I'm gonna assume it's safe to have full-on blog posts about them.

Yesterday, in a stroke of pre-planning genius, I decided to get my air conditioner cleaned in preparation for summertime, when ACs kingdom-wide unanimously decide to die in the middle of the hottest day ever. This year, I'll be prepared, says I.

I own a fairly new but old-school Samsung air conditioner, probably not good for the environment, probably doesn't perform as well as it should. I don't know what the model or make is, I just know it exists. My AC is important to me because it helps me wear winter clothing (I put it on full blast).

So I got my dad to call up the neighborhood AC people to do a full check-up on my AC, give it a nice hosing down, and then put it back on in exchange for peanuts. That's how we roll in bad parts of the neighborhood, yo.

This is my TV [not sure if hipster, or just poor]. My Instagram

This morning, they brought the unit back. In the age-old tradition of protecting-women's-honor-in-the-kingdom that we were raised in, when the male workers came in, my dad ushered me into my brother's bedroom while they tested out the unit and paid the workers. In 10 minutes, I was allowed back into my bedroom. 

I checked it, AND NO. NO, THEY FUCKED IT UP. The Air Swing function had stopped working, and now there's a very audible humming sound coming from the unit, and there are smudges left in several corners of the vent thing. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. 

Here were my complaints. A) Because I'm female, I couldn't check my own cheap-ass AC unit in my own ghetto bedroom, B) Because I'm female, those guys won't deal with me when I call them back to fix what they fucked up, and C) Because I'm female, I most probably won't mind leaving it to my dad or one of my brothers to deal with this. 

Here are my solutions. A) I will blog about it [done], B) I will make it about feminism, whether or not it is about that [done], and C) I will stop gallivanting around in winter jackets during summertime INSIDE THE HOUSE like a junkie. 

I dunno about that last one. FML.

Comments

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.