Why Wil Wheaton Takes The Cake
So this happened (over at Geeks are Sexy):
After which @totallynotsarah ran to tell reddit all about it, naturally:
And this is all relevant to my interests because a) Wil Wheaton and b) internet culture.
I've followed Wil Wheaton's blog for a few years now, the same way that I have Neil Gaiman's - I'm not necessarily up-to-date with - or a big fan of - their work, but I like their blogger personalities. I enjoy reading about their process, about how they see things, why they think the things they do, their rants and raves, and all that other stalker stuff.
I especially like that they are involved with their fans, and that because they are, they have become these approachable celebrities. I almost peed my pants when I got a reply from Chris Hardwick on Twitter that one time last year, and like @totallynotsarah, when I'm feeling helpless/hopeless, I always go back to that brief moment when everything was possible for as long as the internet existed.
When I was much younger, harboring ambitious and misguided dreams of becoming a celebrity, I would tell myself that when I got famous, I'd be the coolest famous person ever, that I'd be nice to my fans and pay attention to every one of them.
Hahaha. Yeah, it was cute.
After which @totallynotsarah ran to tell reddit all about it, naturally:
And this is all relevant to my interests because a) Wil Wheaton and b) internet culture.
I've followed Wil Wheaton's blog for a few years now, the same way that I have Neil Gaiman's - I'm not necessarily up-to-date with - or a big fan of - their work, but I like their blogger personalities. I enjoy reading about their process, about how they see things, why they think the things they do, their rants and raves, and all that other stalker stuff.
I especially like that they are involved with their fans, and that because they are, they have become these approachable celebrities. I almost peed my pants when I got a reply from Chris Hardwick on Twitter that one time last year, and like @totallynotsarah, when I'm feeling helpless/hopeless, I always go back to that brief moment when everything was possible for as long as the internet existed.
When I was much younger, harboring ambitious and misguided dreams of becoming a celebrity, I would tell myself that when I got famous, I'd be the coolest famous person ever, that I'd be nice to my fans and pay attention to every one of them.
Hahaha. Yeah, it was cute.


Comments
Post a Comment