Weak 3 [Writing]

Third week of NaNoWriMo!

Sit rep:

* In Week 1, I got ballsy during a podcast recording and challenged the 3 friends I'm doing this year's NaNoWriMo with. My words were: "I look forward to finishing my novel next week (Week 2) and kicking all your asses." I am so full of shit, you guys. I'm 15,500 words behind on my word count and there's 10 days left.

* I thought it was enough that I read a lot of sci-fi to try writing sci-fi. That is the wrongest thing ever. Forever. I try my best not to go back and re-read what I've written so far, because the few times I did that, I couldn't believe how unbelievably lame my novel is.

* I'm approaching this the same way I do my workouts. There are bad days (most days) when I have to draw on every last bit of strength I have to do it, and there are awesome days (one day a week if I'm lucky) when 4,000 words are as easy as the friendly neighborhood slut. Whatever kind of day it is, I show up.

* At this point, I'm not thinking about the readers, or even the quality of my writing, or the craploads of research I have to do to fill out all the blanks. I just put fingers to keyboard and bash that shit. I'm using Evernote to store my pages in the cloud and share notebooks with my friends, and Compositions when I write on my laptop.

* Check out this feature on Squeek at Nadine's blog! It contains an excerpt of the novel he's writing.

* Some tweets I lol-ed at recently:








Comments

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.