Hell Frozeth Over

When I was in 6th grade, one especially hot day in the summer, I was whining to a classmate about the heat. I says to her, "CAN'T YOU FEEL THIS HEAT? HOW ARE YOU NOT MELTING?"

She says to me, "I just imagine for a few minutes that I'm lying on a huge block of ice, and I don't feel the heat anymore."

I says, "What? That's stupid. Who told you that?"

She says, "My nanny. It works for her. It works for me."

That was my first lesson on the law of attraction. 11 years old and already so zen.

I'm a polar bear - I wasn't made for this weather. I'm irritable, foul-mouthed, whiny and completely unfashionable in the heat. So this mantra really helps me tone it down.

Last week, one of my students shared this photo of Tabuk in the winter.


Snow in Saudi! Wait, let me say that again, SNOW IN SAUDI.

I'm clearly living in the wrong city. 

Comments

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.