Cure For Drama
Would you agree that so much of our time is wasted on drama? Small, tiny things that get you all riled up and angry, that use up so much of your energy. And don't get all uppity just yet, you might actually BE the one causing all that drama, too.
I've found the cure for drama, though.
There are things, great things, that are so much bigger than us.
I watched 2012 (the movie) recently, against everyone's wishes - it was apparently pure kak according to almost everyone I know - and while I agree that I can do without re-watching it, I was left in awe of the human mind's ability to create technology, things of such intricate detail that my own individual brain can't even begin to comprehend. Yes, yes, I have a large hard-on collider for science and technology, it's no secret, BUT PEOPLE.
Just try to understand how you can even be reading this blog post! On what device! On what technology! Now try to comprehend the brains that made this possible, that brought it literally to your fingertips!
After my little cray-cray fit while the movie's end credits were rolling, I shushed myself by saying "Oh, you know, it's just a silly movie, because those Arks really couldn't have existed, could not have been built. It's alien technology, and even THAT is from the movies. None of this is real."
And then Curiosity landed on Mars.
I've found the cure for drama, though.
There are things, great things, that are so much bigger than us.
I watched 2012 (the movie) recently, against everyone's wishes - it was apparently pure kak according to almost everyone I know - and while I agree that I can do without re-watching it, I was left in awe of the human mind's ability to create technology, things of such intricate detail that my own individual brain can't even begin to comprehend. Yes, yes, I have a large hard-on collider for science and technology, it's no secret, BUT PEOPLE.
Just try to understand how you can even be reading this blog post! On what device! On what technology! Now try to comprehend the brains that made this possible, that brought it literally to your fingertips!
After my little cray-cray fit while the movie's end credits were rolling, I shushed myself by saying "Oh, you know, it's just a silly movie, because those Arks really couldn't have existed, could not have been built. It's alien technology, and even THAT is from the movies. None of this is real."
And then Curiosity landed on Mars.
And it's real. And it's right NOW. Here. Not something someone cooked up for the silver screen. Well, at least not entirely, no. But look at that thing.
And the number of hours scientists and engineers spent on building these magnificent things is equal to the number of hours I spend sending back-and-forth text messages about some stupid, stupid, rubbish drama that started because someone said something and someone's feelings were hurt. I could have been using all those hours doing something PRODUCTIVE!
I spent the entire day re-watching the Eleventh Doctor's Series 5. I might have "wasted" my day, but here's what I took from this lazy Friday spent with the arrogant Gallifreyan:
Science cures drama. You take a step away from the smallness of your immediate world, look at the big picture, JUST SHUT UP AND REALLY LOOK INTO IT, look at where you are positioned in the midst of the universe, and you might begin to see what's important and what's not.
It does not make your existence unimportant, no, and it does not make YOU tiny, no. On the contrary, if you look at it just right, it puts you right smack in the middle of it. You are an exquisite, magnificent, intricately-woven creature made by things greater than you, and your brain is there for a reason. It is a gift.
Use your humaneness. Use it well.
Because science.
Comments
Post a Comment