Ramadan Olympics
I knew that I'd have to face the issue of fixing up my diet at some point. I just didn't think it would be this soon. My original plan was to get on it after I'd successfully put in place a proper workout routine that won't require my trying to make excuses for not working out.
That was my first mistake, of course. I will always and forever try to get out of exercise. There's a billion other things I would really rather do than work out.
With this binge-encouraging month of Ramadan upon us, I've had to grab whatever I could to keep myself under control, which really isn't much. I am grossly unfamiliar with the term "self-control".
Saying stuff like "I'm such a pig" when it comes to over-eating is a major understatement. I'm always constantly eating crap. Not in small portions, either. People who fast, especially in Jeddah, are no strangers to that psychological affliction of I MUST SHOVEL FOOD INTO MY MOUTH CONTINUOUSLY UNTIL FAJR.
I am the valedictorian of this psychological affliction.
So here's my master plan:
* Drink lots of water before, during and after meals.
* Eat slowly. I'm talking one minute per bite.
* Sit at the dining table for no longer than 10 minutes.
* Not eat anything that I will not eat in public (this is tricky, I eat crap shamelessly).
There.
I shall report my success (or lack thereof) by the end of this month.
In other news, I saw this on my Facebook feed the other day:
I feel the need to clarify that my own excuses for not exercising are not this dumb and unfunny.
That was my first mistake, of course. I will always and forever try to get out of exercise. There's a billion other things I would really rather do than work out.
With this binge-encouraging month of Ramadan upon us, I've had to grab whatever I could to keep myself under control, which really isn't much. I am grossly unfamiliar with the term "self-control".
Saying stuff like "I'm such a pig" when it comes to over-eating is a major understatement. I'm always constantly eating crap. Not in small portions, either. People who fast, especially in Jeddah, are no strangers to that psychological affliction of I MUST SHOVEL FOOD INTO MY MOUTH CONTINUOUSLY UNTIL FAJR.
I am the valedictorian of this psychological affliction.
So here's my master plan:
* Drink lots of water before, during and after meals.
* Eat slowly. I'm talking one minute per bite.
* Sit at the dining table for no longer than 10 minutes.
* Not eat anything that I will not eat in public (this is tricky, I eat crap shamelessly).
There.
I shall report my success (or lack thereof) by the end of this month.
In other news, I saw this on my Facebook feed the other day:
I feel the need to clarify that my own excuses for not exercising are not this dumb and unfunny.

that's a good plan! i like the funny thing at the end. i want to add it on my fb if i can figure out how to swipe it from your blog. you don't mind, right?
ReplyDelete