Paper
Ah, man.
Rich people, am I rite?
Rich people, am I rite?
I envy people with a lot of money. I always wonder what it's like to have shit tons of money at my disposal, and by shit tons of money, I mean cash. I mean like swim-in-paper. Like throw-that-shit-around kind of cash. To not have to wonder if I could afford something, you know?
I understand when people envy the wealthy. I mean, who doesn't want to burn paper, am I rite?
But I don't understand people who think having lots of money is something to be proud of. People who want to be seen with the wealthy. People who brag about having friends with lots of money. People who, when they talk about who they look up to, or who they admire, have to say how much they have.
Now don't get me wrong. I don't hate the rich. In fact, I admire the ones who got there by working hard. Now THAT'S something to be proud of. Working hard for that paper. Being smart about it. I'd like to be seen with hard-working, smart people, and if they happen to have a lot of money, then fuckyeahdeanwinchester.
But I can't get comfortable around people who put so much value on having money (as opposed to earning it), because I'm on the wrong side of middle class myself, and that means I mean nothing to them. You know the type. People who think you're not worth talking to because you don't have money.
Unfortunately for me, I'm surrounded by so many people like that.
Best part? It's usually the ones who are not even CLOSE to being wealthy themselves.
"This is GARBAGE" is a whole lot of praise coming from Trash.
ahhhh you know , When I see something I like in a shop, I wish I could just pay for it without worrying about having enough money in my wallet.
ReplyDeleteBut alos i don't want to be SoFuckingRich that everything seems so cheap ya know .
Great post nessreen ت .
Haha, I really wouldn't mind trying out the I'm-so-rich-everything-is-cheap situation. ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by, Salma! XD
I'm so with you! I admire people who have worked hard and got there and then use some of what they have to do good too. But judging someone based on their bank balance? Never been able to understand that.
ReplyDeleteHEY, YOU! WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? I hope I see you soon!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I suppose if I were rich, I wouldn't think this way. Hehe.