It's TV, La
I can't sit still for a 2-hour movie anymore. We've evolved (?) into a generation of TV show audiences; we can only sit still for about 45 minutes at a time, and it's getting more and more difficult for TV people to keep us entertained. That could also be because we are armchair directors and producers, and we like to shout at the TV in prediction of what's going to happen next. Can I get a A-MEN?
Here are my top 6 awesomest shows of all time.
Or, as Anas likes to call it when he makes fun of me (as everyone does), Starwar Balactica. For some reason, the mere fact that the title of the show is a combination of the words battle, star, and galactic is enough to turn them off. The truth is, this show is less about space and more about humans, their behavior, their (questionable) morals, and everything in between. I love the re-imagined series for its great writing, and for being a very intelligent show.
I love this show in more ways than I can eloquently state. I love how it's a whole lot of mumbo-jumbo timey-wimey stuff that just barely makes it past my understanding, and I love how insane it gets, how I have to keep up with what's going on. Every episode is like a cold splash of a bucketful of water in the face, and how long after I've seen it, I think about what had happened, HOW it happened, and who or what Doctor Who is. It's truly a romp through space, time, and tinny FX.
The song above is my favorite theme. It makes me weep. BRBM.
Yes, I'm a big fan of good writing, even if I'm not even sure what that really means. I only go by this: if I enjoy the show without realizing it until much later, if I get epiphanies and I am forced to think about what's going on, if the show doesn't assume I'm stupid, THEN IT IS WELL-WRITTEN.
K?
I pick my favorite books the same way I pick my favorite TV shows. What are yours?




Comments
Post a Comment