#211 ~ Nostalgia & Candy

Doing this whole positive-thinking attitude thing has drained me almost completely in the past few months. Constantly looking at the brighter side of things, cheering people up (including myself) when everything's just being a complete tool, staying out of the way of drama, and maintaining some fake anterior (for whom, who knows), all of this, is a recipe for a clown's downfall. 

Clowns are almost always suicidal. I'm beginning to understand why.

Needless to say, I've come to a point where screeching halts are major understatements. It's been a while since I last slammed the door shut on this whole blogging affair; those breakdowns I get when I feel I'm sharing too much while at the same time not enough people are listening to or reading me, when I think that the only way I can yell "OH HEY, FUCKING LOOK AT ME AND ASK ME SOME QUESTIONS, WHY DON'T YOU?" is by passive-aggressively shutting down the blog. 

What is this compulsive need for validation in the middle of the work-week?

Seriously. 

I was thinking earlier about how, sometimes, I remember things that have happened that remind me of feelings of betrayal and rejection, and I remember the people and places I care about deeply but have lost touch with, and it makes me literally throw up. I gag from it. 

And then I remind myself that I don't live in a TV show where people hit their lowest point and some montage plays and an uplifting soundtrack carries them to their next triumph. Were it that life worked that way. 

Therefore, the show must, as the Can-Can people say, go on.

--
Candiez from Southeast Asia, courtesy of Souma. I miss that place.




--
And Majed's fashion statement.


Comments

  1. I always read ur blogs!!!!! And i love them dearly! Ur blog makes my day and even if for a second i remember how good life was when i back home ..... I love u and ur face and ur voice!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are the things and people we obsess about until it hurt are the ones we can never have (again)? Why can't the things that we are and have today be enough to validate and bear witness to our coolness?

    I speak in broken thoughts, mistress, but I speak it with unbroken attitude. #blows some fairy dust your way#

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.