#198 ~ Rocking Friday

Last week, I was preparing for this boat trip by practicing jumping into the water. I never acquired the balls needed to do that in the middle of nowhere at sea, needless to say. Instead, I had Fahad to one side of me, and Summer to the other, dragging me kicking and screaming and legs all jell-o into that deep dark abyss that is called OMG I'M GONNA DIE.

In the words of basically everyone who watched me make a scene while everybody else was diving in and doing all kinds of 7arakaat while jumping into the water from the top of the boat, "WHY AM I SUCH A FUCKING PUSSY?" Rhetorical question, of course.

A little background: I just learned how to swim a few years ago.

Nevertheless, fun was had by all, including myself, what with good company and awesome tan lines and all that. Here are pictures. 

--
I didn't know one of the crew guys was Filipino until I saw the flag on his sleeves.


--
Amir and the party raging in his head.


--
Divers


--
At one point, someone yelled "DOLPHINS!" I saw nothing.


--
I had a moment of peace, after all that rocking and swaying and motion sickness.


--
Other photographers kept getting in my shots. On purpose.


--
And my favorite photo of the day :)

Comments

  1. This post makes me jealous that I live in dusty old Riyadh! Love the photo project and looking forward to looking thru each post :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.