#43 ~ Mabrook, Egypt!

Congratulations, Egyptians. More power and strength to you as your real work begins. 

The other night, I had dinner with 2 friends from grade school. Incidentally, they are both half-Egyptian, and this was our cue to discuss what we knew of the (then) ongoing situation in Egypt. 

Maybe it was because we are also Pinoys, and we have experienced this kind of uprising in the Philippines, we did well not to trivialize what the Egyptians on Tahrir Square were going through, as people like us are wont to do, in the comfort of our living rooms with our cups of coffee and Blackberries.


Let us always come back to this moment to reflect upon what we have fought for, and to remember the people who have lost their lives to a cause bigger than us.

I came across this letter just now, an interesting read. I was one of the thousands of people at the EDSA Dos revolution. It was nothing I could ever describe in words. 

There is hope in education. Let's all learn from this.

Comments

  1. Phangnin ta ko Allah a ma-enjoy den mambo a mga Egyptian so titho a freedom ago makakowa siran sa titho a mapiya a dato! Ameen. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.