Interesting thing happened to me today at the salon. So I go with friends to have things done at the salon we always go to, where most of the ladies are Filipinos. We've been going there for most of our nails and eyebrows for a while now, so the ladies know us, they know our stories, our backgrounds, etc. I'm always mistaken for a non-Filipino. Sometimes, Filipinos come up to me asking me where I'm from, because they kinda feel that I'm Filipino, but aren't so sure. Other times, they just assume I'm Saudi or Malay. That's when it's funny, because they start talking about me and I understand everything they say. ( I heart gossip. ) So this one customer, who was Filipina, starts gossiping about me and my friends. She was saying something about how "our kind" (Saudi girls) are too lazy to groom ourselves, how bratty we are, etc. The manicure lady shushes her quickly. "Shh, shh," she says. "This one's Filipina, no! She understan...
what do you see and think is normal is the normal.
ReplyDelete11:30 maybe a normal and good time to sleep for someone but not for another, so this other will think you are a chicken-in the Saudi way of thinking chicken sleeps early lol- So..
you are normal :)
Normal is another relative term that cannot be quantified! But still, there are some norms that most people in a certain community usually adhere to!
ReplyDeleteHaving said that, sleeping at 11:30 PM cannot be normal in any normal society!! By Arabs standards, this is too early; other world, it is too late!! but again, what is a normal society?!
It's what you think it is, I guess.
ReplyDeleteNobody is normal.
ReplyDeleteAnd when nobody is normal, that makes everybody normal, which in turn, makes for a very boggled mind. XD
ReplyDelete