Don't FML. (Laundry)
So. Laundry, right? If you've known me for a while, you know about my relatively recent obsession with doing my laundry. I didn't use to do my own laundry before about a year or two ago.
Now that I do, though, I'm LOVING it. I love doing the laundry. I love to organize my laundry just so, and I have a very efficient system pre- and post-wash. I only use one kind of detergent, and only one kind of fabric softener. I take about 2 hours to do 3 loads, and I categorize them. Not always by color. There's pyjamas, there's work clothes, there's jeans, there's linen, and there's towels. I also have a special category, my favorite: bags and shoes. I stuff them in the washer.
What. I never said I was GOOD at it. I just enjoy it.
I once got so obsessed with doing the laundry that I thought to myself, "hey, why don't I surprise my mom and do ALL THE LAUNDRY IN THE HOUSE?" I did, and it was a disaster. I put in some red tablecloth with the white curtains BY MISTAKE, I SWEAR. Needless to say, my mom threatened to kill me if I ever touch any laundry that is not mine.
It's therapeutic. It's like a clean slate every week. I love sorting dry laundry, too. And then, I iron my clothes while I watch sci-fi shows. It takes me an hour to iron 4 items of clothing because I always end up watching more than I iron. My mother says my ironing system is hugely flawed. I say fuck the system.
What I don't like though, is the sheets. I have to do about 3 loads of sheets every week, thanks in large part to my smoking in my room. I have to change my sheets every 2 or 3 days, or else I feel like I'm sleeping in a queen-size ashtray. And then I have a gazillion pillows. Just the thought of them makes me want to quit smoking. Almost.
Like, I swear, if someone offered me a job doing laundry, and they paid me the same amount I get paid at work right now, I'd do it. Of course I only say that because it will never happen.
I'm such a housewife.
Now that I do, though, I'm LOVING it. I love doing the laundry. I love to organize my laundry just so, and I have a very efficient system pre- and post-wash. I only use one kind of detergent, and only one kind of fabric softener. I take about 2 hours to do 3 loads, and I categorize them. Not always by color. There's pyjamas, there's work clothes, there's jeans, there's linen, and there's towels. I also have a special category, my favorite: bags and shoes. I stuff them in the washer.
What. I never said I was GOOD at it. I just enjoy it.
I once got so obsessed with doing the laundry that I thought to myself, "hey, why don't I surprise my mom and do ALL THE LAUNDRY IN THE HOUSE?" I did, and it was a disaster. I put in some red tablecloth with the white curtains BY MISTAKE, I SWEAR. Needless to say, my mom threatened to kill me if I ever touch any laundry that is not mine.
It's therapeutic. It's like a clean slate every week. I love sorting dry laundry, too. And then, I iron my clothes while I watch sci-fi shows. It takes me an hour to iron 4 items of clothing because I always end up watching more than I iron. My mother says my ironing system is hugely flawed. I say fuck the system.
What I don't like though, is the sheets. I have to do about 3 loads of sheets every week, thanks in large part to my smoking in my room. I have to change my sheets every 2 or 3 days, or else I feel like I'm sleeping in a queen-size ashtray. And then I have a gazillion pillows. Just the thought of them makes me want to quit smoking. Almost.
Like, I swear, if someone offered me a job doing laundry, and they paid me the same amount I get paid at work right now, I'd do it. Of course I only say that because it will never happen.
I'm such a housewife.
am glad u realized where all women should be sweety now all u got to do is find the way to the kitchen :P
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA!! Shaddap!
ReplyDelete