Not Jeddah.

The difference between Jeddah and Not Jeddah is never more apparent than when you find yourself home alone in Jeddah.

If I were suddenly home alone in Not Jeddah, I would not have been posting a blog entry. I would, instead, have been suddenly Not Home Alone, or Not Home at all.

Home alone in Jeddah, however, I find myself Not Gallivanting On The Streets In Mayhem Fashion, and Not Not Posting A Blog Entry.

It's pretty difficult to be Not Home in Jeddah, see. There's the issue of Not Having Transportation, there's also the Not Having Anywhere To Go To But Cafes and Restaurants, which leads to more problems when the issue of Not Having Much Money is present. You might also have problems when your friends aren't able to be Not Home themselves.

When you're Not Home in Not Jeddah, you can't Not Take A Walk, or Not Play Some Kind Of Sport, or Not Go For Drinks, or Not Meet New People.

When you find yourself home alone in Jeddah, perhaps the most excitement you will get is with Double Negatives.

And if you're the type who likes to push the envelope, you Double Negate that Double Negative.

And then perhaps zero yourself out in the process.

Comments

  1. see i don't live in jeddah ,but when i go to jeddah, it doesn't matter for me if the house was empty or full ,going out or stay at home . i am just happy that i am here.
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you! :D

    I don't hate living in Jeddah. It's just really different from the outside world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. come, come to my house in Jeddah when I'm there and then we don't have to be in abayas and cafes and money won't be an issue if not being in abaya and cafes isn't an issue for you. we can stay all day. until you tire of me and my cards and relentless staring. wanna wanna wanna?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.