A Competition.


"I swear to god, my parents drive me nuts."

"At least your parents don't meddle with your affairs."

"At least you're married. They don't nag you about being single."

"At least you're single! You can enjoy this freedom."

"What freedom? At least you can travel."

"So what if I can travel? At least you don't have to worry about in-laws."

"In-laws are nothing. Try dealing with siblings."

"At least your siblings are family. There isn't that much pressure."

"Not if you're overweight. Try THAT pressure."

"Look, some people can't even eat. That's not a problem. At least you have food on the table. Try not having money."

"I DON'T have money. At least you're pretty. No one cares about your (lack of) money if you're pretty."

"Tell that to my selfish husband."

"At least you're married."


It's not a competition. Everyone has their share. Everyone wins, everyone loses.

Comments

  1. well said Diana :)

    it's not a competiton indeed. I hate this "at least you have this and that " approach and it never makes me feel better , but i am trying to be as thanksful as i can in general.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I can relate to this, and I usually WIN!!!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miyapakasinga ako ngka peman aki, pade-drug! Haha!:) Pero, osto na giyanan den i toos a so manosiya na di den kha-kontento. Apiya anda ngka den tagowa, apiya antonaa den i rek iyan na da ka korang den na korang den. Nah, nah, andamanaya na nature oto. We just have to learn how to deal with it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Wafa'! I agree with you! People have their own crap to worry about; no need for comparisons. Aslan comparing oneself to others always makes things worse.

    Coralbead: We ALL win!! Haha

    BabyPink a pad-drug: Osto. Mandidi pn ka adn a drug a pka-ilk. Dapat na di tadn priklamo. Tsk. Hahah

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.