The Crossroads.


I have always heard about Crossroads: the moments in your life when you have to make a decision that will change everything. I've been told of the courage that it takes to make that decision, to have the balls to choose a path while not knowing what the outcome would be.

The vagueness of it all seems a little too dramatic; everything I've done up to this point has been clear-cut, black-and-white. It's always been either a yes, or a no, and whatever comes next, comes next, no drama.

But I find that it's true. That when you reach that point, you find drama staring you in the face. Courage doesn't travel alone, it walks with fear, pain, heartbreak.

Life is a huge videogame of levels, of checkpoints, storylines, decisions, battles, and yes, you might die a swift death, and everything you had worked hard for is gone in an instant, and you are left with not much, save for the controller and your numb fingers. But you are given a chance to start over, and every time you do, you emerge a stronger, better player, and you are wiser, whether or not you take the same path that led to your death previously.

There are moments in your life that you will remember in the future as the ones that were the best times you've ever had, times when you were young and stupid.

But there won't be anything to remember if you don't take the time to make those moments right here, right now.

Make that decision.

***

See you all in a few months.


Comments

  1. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. But if I may ask, where are you going? Can we still keep in touch with you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Watttt!!!

    No- who's gonna amuse us in this sorry world of bloggers?!

    Yes, you eventually have to make a decision. I hate when things just hang like that simply cz mmm Idk should I or shouldn't I...

    When you're on the other end- you do emerge a stronger, better person.

    Take it from one with more experience. Experiences build you up and create the person you are eventually.

    You're never a better person if you don't learn shit the hard way. Unfortunately, thats how it goes.

    I love you Princess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hning & Daedul. <3

    I'm taking a break from blogging, just a couple months, so I can regroup. I take writing very seriously, but it hasn't been getting attention from me lately.

    The podcast is still very much on, though, and yes, Hning, I'm always at reach. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.