Read.


The secret to living: Books.

I'm one of those people who believe they can learn anything just by reading on it.

Seriously.

It's my father's fault. He raised us this way. When I was in grade school and I wanted to learn tennis, he didn't stop at training us on the tennis courts of the university where he worked. He would give us articles on how to play tennis better. Read, read, read.

It's not uncommon to find books in his library like: How To Play Badminton. How To Play Basketball. How To Swim. (I read all of them).

He recently finished reading How To Play Bridge.

I also found a book on Origami, and another one on The Art of Gift Wrapping.

My dad's a geek and he doesn't even know it.

So anyway, this morning, I was hungry, didn't have anything to eat for breakfast, no one was home. I went to the kitchen, found eggs, and remembered how much I suck ass at cooking. True story.

I looked up How To Boil An Egg online, and voila.

omgilovetheinternet.

That's all.


Comments

  1. omgiloveittoo! I'm SO into reading about everything and definitely google or wiki it if I don't have a book about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. a new habit i have is to read trivia about a movie that i just watched..

    my brother almost disowned me when he found out..

    in other words.. omgilovetheinternet is the truest statement on your blog..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Salam Alikom sis!!! just saw that your following me. I'm sitting here eating weetabix with blueberries and banana. :) sound good? I love it. Healthy... A great saying by my dear husband. Read, the old forgotten habit. In fact. I think I might blog about that issue. :))) Thanks for the reminder. Your blog is really interesting. :))) Can't wait to read. :) have a great day!!! God Bless!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Mitch Albom!!

    anyway, I wish I can have enough time again and good mood to read ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Books are definitely the best way to learn. i love books.
    and...

    omgilovetheinternettoo! =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. lool hilariouso... i honestly prefer books over tv & unfortunately believe everything i read. i havent watched tv in 2 years!! (long story) but i do occasionally watch a series or film.
    books r good & all but wen they r full of nonsense like chapter requirements for a certain course, id rather use the pages as toilet paper!
    i posted something new, let me no wat u think & how r u adding all these cool widgets?? like the survey line of choices at the end of ach post id like 2 add that :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melagid ta, melagid ta! I even have a friend who once commented to me, "You read very weird things! You read everything."

    Nah, ngkaino?! Ba marata?! Hehe:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha! omgwelovetheinternets! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.