Tan.


I don't tell my mom everything. But I especially don't tell (or show!) her when I get a tan.

You see, a tan on an already dark girl is apparently one of the reasons the aforementioned girl will never get married.

There's quite a few things on that list of reasons. Like:

- being overweight
- being too loud
- being too loud when you laugh
- hanging out with too many boys
- staying out late
- not going to family-oriented functions/dinners
- keeping a pet cat
- being too independent

and so on. If I go by this list,

HOT DAMN, I WILL NEVER GET MARRIED. *loud laughing*

You see, that would be okay, if society didn't always fuck us up. All the questioning about "OMG you're 23* and you're unmarried?"; one is bound to ask the same thing.

That's not the only question society asks, either. All of them either prepended or punctuated with a gasp.

"You're married and you don't cook for your husband?"
"You're married and you don't have kids yet?"
"You're a college graduate and you don't have a job?"
"You're a college graduate and you studied art?"
"You have a good-paying job and you don't own a house?"
"You have a job and you're not saving?"

"You are beautiful, healthy and intelligent, you are hot, you have a great job you enjoy doing that also pays well, you have lovely friends that care about you, you have a hobby that relaxes you and helps your creative growth, you own a house, you have savings, AND YOU ARE NOT MARRIED YET?"

Seriously, it doesn't stop. Why do we bother?


---
* age changed to protect society


Comments

  1. I LOVE your blog. I have been reading the posts and literally laughing out loud. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.