Starting Something.


Inspired by McSweeney's recommendations, here are mine:

* Spiking your coffee. When you live in Jeddah like I do, where alcohol is scant and not readily available, you can still spike your hot coffee. WITH A PINCH OF COLD WATER. For no other reason than to avoid scalding yourself silly when you can't wait to enjoy that cup with that cigarette.


* Talking Smack. What great fun it is to talk smack to someone, especially when that person has headphones on and can't necessarily hear you. (I talked smack to my sister all night. She was watching Gossip Girl. Coz that's what whiny little bitches do. YOU HEAR ME? I SAID WHINY.)

* Backstreet Boys' new hit single "Bigger". I thought I got over them. But just like that asshole ex-boyfriend you once had, you know you are SO NOT.

* Gob (of Arrested Development fame) and his chicken dance. Cuck-coo cuck-coo COOO!! Watch the show!!

* Any Meryl Streep movie. That woman. I wanna be her when I grow up. Which will probably never happen.

* Starting something you're not sure you can keep up. Like this. I'll recommend things a few times a month, but who knows if I'll go through with it. But this is what life is all about. Closing your eyes and jumping over that cliff.

Hope everyone has a great week/end!

P.S. Any recommendations?


Comments

  1. Your sister listens to music while watching tv? Soooo strange, lol hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANONYMOUS: Oh yeah, really strange character that one. :P Cuck-oo cuck-oo cooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would wait for the coffee to cool down a bit. Strange people, these smokers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what someone wise one said, 'I believe everyone else my age is an adult whereas I am merely in disguise.' ;)

    Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HISHMAJ: LOL, smokers ARE a world of their own, hey. ;D

    KHADIJA: I concur. :) Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.