A Woman's Worth.




The true measure of a smart, sexy, single superwoman's strength lies in the way she recovers the morning after attending a good friend's beautiful wedding.

This woman, with the S on her chest, suddenly finds herself in the middle of a nice little pop quiz.

1. When will my turn come around?

2. What does every other woman getting married have that I don't?

3. Will anyone want me enough to ask me to get married?

4. OMFG, how old am I again? I'm 5 years older than the bride!

5. How come I don't deserve that kind of happiness?

6. Is it really marriage that I want, or just the wedding?

7. Couldn't I have both, like everyone else?

8. But WTF is wrong with me? I have good friends, I have a family that adores me, I have everything I need, couldn't I just shut up and be happy?

9. Did I wear the wrong shoes? Again?


And because it is a pop quiz, it is answered very quickly, without much thought, and shoved aside as the ceremony continues on to that crucial bouquet-throwing event.

***

I've never had the most fun photographing a bride as I did that night. I have tons of pictures of my beautiful friends, all of them intelligent, independent, beautiful women.

All of them looked smoking hot. You all missed out.


Comments

  1. Banda dii pen diimelango-langoy sa Pacific Ocean so Mr. Right ta, Drug! Makathotoona tano bo ka samanai na madadadag siran pen. Ogaid na aya a piyakaleklek on na o siran i makathoona na siran i makatharosa! Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bottom line: If we're meant to tread life's pathways alone, let's accept that. To hell with what others say about singles being unhappy. They seem to forget that we just can't have it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BABYPINK: Kiyasokaran anan a Mr. Right, ba tadn di mapnayaw. Hahaha, mbanda miyakatu-ona a mga Mr. Right ta oto na siran dn i miyakatarosa.

    CORALBEAD: True!! It's just that sometimes, you can't help but wonder. You know, those days. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Babypink and Diana: LOOL. That's the problem nowadays, kumokonti na nga ratio ng female to male, nakiki-apid pa mga pa-female. Hehehe. :)
    Anyway, patience is a virtue. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.