Activity.

Not to (always) be confused with productivity.

I'm referring, of course, to the sudden spike in my blog activity. Yay! I owe the previous significant lull in my public blogging to perhaps the worst few months of my early-late 20s, and in fact, it took me about a month to get over maybe the least enjoyable birthday I've every had ever since I started letting myself get carried away by all the spoiling that my friends did to me every year. It's funny the things I get myself into; no matter how much I try to convince myself that I am above all this elementary fussing, I couldn't help but feel badly neglected.

After pulling myself together and having a nice self-talk of the Obama kind, I have finally pulled myself out of that rut.

(OR HAVE I??)

The truth is, I've been maintaining a very difficult relationship with the internet. The internet is not exactly the ideal partner. It sets very high standards that aren't very easy to meet, while at the very same time, it's so easy to please. This instability hasn't been very good to me, and I have just been trying to figure out if it's worth it to stick it out for a little bit, since I'm getting some good out of it.

What kind of good, you ask? Well, the internet kind. Whoring myself out to social networking sites has done wonders to my ego. The very demanding Google Reader that I break my neck to keep up with has kept me updated. That kind of good.

I just don't know if that's enough to keep me here.

Comments

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.