After After Midnight.

I'm supposed to be sleeping right now, but my BB's Klondike game has failed me today, and I just needed to get back out of bed to smoke a cigarette. I didn't have an excuse to light one up, until I thought of Blogger.
I mean, what's better than smoking a cigarette at 3am while toying with the idea that you are in fact, a suffering artist?
***
I got my very first Neil Gaiman book this month when a friend got me one from South Africa. Yes, I'm gloating. But because I live in Jeddah, where the book is, at press-time, not available in our favorite barely-efficient bookstore Jarir, I am allowed. Yes? Yes.
It's called "American Gods", and that alone should say a lot about it's availability here.
I've started reading the book. I'm not sure what I expected; I've known of Neil Gaiman for close to 7 years now, but only because I've been following his blog. The only writing of his that I know is his clever blogging and the twittering he does. Also, I only follow him on Twitter because he cusses once every 2 months. I think it's cute.
The book itself is nice. It's like Dean Koontz made 1,000 times better.
Oh noes. Did I just mention 2 writers in one post?
***
I think it's nice that I'm posting when I'm not teetering dangerously between insanity and bright daylight. Don't you agree?
Tra la la.
I <3 Neil Gaiman.. and I too have been suffering with Jareer's continuous ability to disappoint me.. i actually went looking for a neil gaiman book last month and the guy behind the counter never even heard of him
ReplyDeletedid you read his short story "The case of the four and twenty blackbirds"? its pretty nifty
also, try and get a copy of Smoke and Mirrors, its a collection of his short stories, poems, and unfinished work..
Thanks, frogman! I'll check them out.
ReplyDeleteYeah, Jarir? It's only good for cute little colored post-its. But still and all, alhamdulillah for everything. Haha. At least we have a bookstore.
I love Gaiman, too. Datar o di ako makaphaniwala a giya pen ka makakowa ka sa libro niyan. The first Gaiman I read was "Neverwhere" which I really loved. His graphic novels are really good, too. Miyakabatiya ako ron ko ginawai aken sa phipira timan. Hehehe:)
ReplyDeleteBabyPink: I wish I had friends who have Gaiman! I'm getting all his books, inshAllah.
ReplyDelete