Signs.


I am unwell, friends. It takes about 5 years to reach a state such as mine. What scares me most is the feeling of alienation, from myself. Sometimes, I say things I can't believe I am capable of saying. Other times, I do things that are completely unreasonable, and it takes me a couple of moments before I can regain control, step back, and think about what I have done and why.

There are many things I have learned this year.

1. There is no point in making people understand something they don't WANT to understand.
2. There are limits. Everywhere.
3. Life, like my job, as Lola said to me last week, must be taken one day at a time.
4. Everything is an original high.
5. Sometimes, it's "looking at the big picture" that drains us.

Here are more smaller pictures, more for my enjoyment than for my readers. Photography, after all, is not for others, but for oneself. At least mine.

***

Jeddah
5 September 2007
Corniche, Jeddah


Jeddah II
5 September 2007
Corniche, Jeddah


Jeddah III
5 September 2007
Corniche, Jeddah

These photos were taken from inside the limo my friends surprised me and Linzi with on our birthday. We spent hours driving around the city, playing loud music, with the palm tree a reminder, keeping us in check.

***


Hardee's Kitchen
15 August 2007
TGI Friday's, Andalus St, Jeddah


Chair
19 August 2007
Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Serafi, Jeddah

We used to frequent these two restaurants. By "frequent", I mean at least 3 times a week. A good example of the Original High.

***


Click
11 August 2007
Jeddah

I am tempted to say, "take control of your life", except you're probably already thinking it.

*Lame high-five!*

Comments

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.