Work.
I started a new project (which may be accessed here) since I'm always online anyway and always griping about Maranaos.
Not even 24 hours had passed when I received an email from an anonymous (and presumably) elder Maranao who warned me in the diplomatic-est way possible about saying something that may ruin the Maranao people's good name.
As if I can single-handedly achieve that.
Also, I'm not the person he should be emailing. (Or am I?)
***
Let it not be said that Jeddah does not (try) to respect its expatriates' lifestyles.
Living in a compound is very much like living everywhere else in the world. People who live in them should be thankful for what they have.
I know the feeling girl, I was told that in a PM when I was in a forum. I get the idea already that a lot of Maranaos out there LOVE to cover up DIRTY LAUNDRY that they and everyone knows that they have. It's frustrating. Here in Marawi they go on complaining about the yackety yackety yack whatever and when somebody points out the same things they go on a defensive that borders on sheer paranoia. Maybe that's why we haven't really improved as a people. Sad.
ReplyDelete