Slash.
Did you hear the one about the Saudi guy who went to Manila for a nice, relaxing holiday in a place where he knew no one, and ended up being slashed in the face in so many places that he spent more than a couple of months with his whole head bandaged?
Yeah, probably not. It never made the news. It happened to a friend's friend's friend. I heard about it today.
The guy was mugged, too. After he got better, came back to Jeddah, told everyone he knew never to go to Manila. It's not safe.
I love isolated incidents like this. They are the parents of stereotypification and urban legends.
ok this off topic...I'm sure you have seen the movie slumdog by now.....what do you think about it...while it is an okay movie in my opinion....I don't know if it deserve 8 oscars...what do u think....??
ReplyDeleteand by the way...why do you stay up so late if you since work in the morning..most of your blogs are wirtten in the early morning hours....
ReplyDeletesince you have to go to work*
ReplyDeleteThis is what I thought:
ReplyDeletehttp://diana-writes.blogspot.com/2009/02/slumdog-millionaire.html
And yes, I don't know why I stay up late. I can't get myself to sleep.