Judgemeant.

Some days, even when I feel like updating my blog, I don't, because I'm afraid I'm beginning to sound too judgemental of others. Other times, I'm more afraid of others judging me.

But you know what, judge me. I encourage it.

The biggest obstacle to complete understanding of another person's character and/or motivations is the fact that we, as human beings, are very judgemental. That's what makes us survive. That's what we base all our decisions on, how we choose the things we do or don't do. Judgement. We choose one course of action over another thinking that our choice is the right one, for whatever reason, whether or not others may perceive it as such.

When we are faced with people who picked the other choice, we are baffled. Why? Because we don't understand why they are not like us, why they didn't think our choice was the right one, or at least the right one at that moment.

If we stopped to think how different and unique each person is from others like him, others around him, we wouldn't be so shocked. Maybe we would even be less judgemental.

In trying to understand another person and the way he thinks, I have come to the realization that I can't completely do that without first and foremost accepting the fact that he is different from me, and that he has the right to be. That whatever explanation he comes up with regarding his actions is what he believes to be the right and true one, just like I would my own explanations.

It's overwhelming to think of. But it stops me from going in and "selling" my side to him. Because the minute I push my beliefs and opinions on someone else, I become judgemental.

I am not cowed by aggression. I don't back down because I can't defend myself. I back down because I feel judged and my initial reaction to this would be to judge back. I don't want to continue the cycle.

The cycle can continue without me.

Comments

OTHER POSTS BY NESSREEN:

-

The Cure.

iSold Out.

Freedom of Trash-Talk.