Attempts. Noun.
My first attempt at graffiti.
Well, of course I would write Olaf's name. I call this masterpiece of an artwork "Unconditional Love" because, even though Olaf has been annoying me lately with its stupid (uncalled-for) growling, I still love him enough to risk being caught by cops vandalizing a wall at the park. Also, I blogged about my crime (of passion). This must be what motherly love looks like.***
I don't cook. But tonight, I made dinner for me and my brothers. Yes, this is dinner. You want food? Well, you ain't getting it from me.
Instead, you get this uber-delish grilled cheese totally-unburnt sandwich thingie. I was gonna make hotdog sandwiches but I don't cook meat.
I call THIS masterpiece of culinary artwork "Don't Ever Ask Me To Make Dinner Again, Bitches".
Also, I've just been test-driving The Burkina-Faso's 3.2 (apparently NOT 3.5) megapixels. I won't insult it by comparing it to the Nikon (whose name is Madonna, by the way. Yes, they all have names), but man. The quality is... ho-hum.
***
Just when we thought Jeddah's finally moving forward.
The Mobily on Tahliah Street is pretty cool. It's not segregated like the other branches, and the service is quick and efficient. So we always go there.
Tonight, I went to update information. S and I sat at one of the tables in the waiting area. A few minutes later, an employee approaches us with the two words I've come to recognize as warning bells.
"Lao sama7ti."
What the fuck did we do NOW?
Oh, nothing. Just that we were sitting on the wrong side of the waiting area. There are just way too many men (there were maybe 4) in THIS area. Please move to the back.
***
Did you hear about the guy who worked for a restaurant and got fired for eating a sandwich that the customer didn't eat?
Which part of throwing out heaps of uneaten, untouched food because of company policy sounds natural to you?
Yes, I realize it's bad for business, but wow it's disrespectful.
My brother W used to work part-time at one of the most popular pizza places here in Jeddah. It was company policy to throw out (and absolutely NOT EAT or give away) any pizza that was either uneaten or unfinished by a costumer, or that wasn't made to the standards set by the restaurant. But the manager would let the employees take them home, or give them away to the homeless/poor.

Comments
Post a Comment